Saturday, May 24, 2008

Capsons on a Hot Tin Roof--Days 1&2

I told Ryan that our lawn makes us look like white trash. He moved it all into the back yard. Much better;) Hopefully he will have this done within the next few weeks. I just know somebody is going to ask if we are opening our own home improvement store!


Friday we started putting the new shingles on our house. Ryan's dad and his brother Shay came to help out. Ryan is already worn out and they were just getting started:)







Seriously. Does anyone else see a problem with this? Who thought that giving Ryan the nail gun was a good idea? Notice that you can't even see Denis & Shay. Smart guys. I am teasing, Ryan. We know the only thing you can't be trusted with is a subwoofer!!










This is the back of our house at the end of day two (Saturday) They made some really good progress. All they have left to do on Monday is the really steep side of the roof. Break out the rock climbing gear. Really.







Proof that Chase really does work...sort of.
Just kidding! You were a great help.










Shay showing off his pythons. Lucky to have them; the bundles of shingles aren't exactly as light as a feather. I think that is the part that is really kicking everyone's behind.

Before the guys even got started, Elliot felt the need to help out with the paint. I think it's funny, but I didn't spend three days painting either. Sorry, Ryan! At least he caught it while it was still wet and he could wipe most of it off!! He'll just have to add this to his list of touch ups (and make sure the paint can lid is on tight next time!)








No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married for seven years. We have two handsome boys and a beautiful girl.

My Boys

My Boys
Elliot

Gabe & Daddy

Elliot -- Ryan -- Gabriel