Monday, May 19, 2008

Home Improvement


So...we are in the process of painting our house. Of course when I say we, I really mean Ryan. I hate painting and it was his idea. I am also not fond of climbing a ladder, and someone has to watch the boys! Most of our neighbors think we have made a vast improvement and like our color choice. The neighbors next door (who do not like us at all--the feeling is mutual) think it looks hideous. I will have to post a picture of our house before; it was long overdue for a makeover. Now when I drive up in front of it, it takes me a few seconds to realize that it is our house. This weekend Ryan and his dad will be redoing our roof. It will have black shingles, so it will really look like a new house when we are finished. I will post more pictures when that happens. Ah--the fun of Do-it-Yourself home improvement. We should have stock in Home Depot and Lowe's.

It has been ridiculously hot here the last few days (89 yesterday), so we have been spending a lot of time outside. Elliot would live ouside if we'd let him. He is outside by nine most mornings, and usually doesn't come in until after seven. I try to keep him inside for a few hours when it gets really hot; usually we end up watching a movie. He says, "I can know how to start it and push the numbers." He is three and can use our entertainment system as well as I can. I thought I had a few more years before he was smarter than me! :)

I mowed the lawn today. Big deal, right? I don't think I have mowed the lawn since we bought the house. I don't think Ryan trusts me to do a good job. He's been so busy with painting that I threatened to hire one of our nephews to do it, but today I told him if he would get out the lawn mower, I would do it. I put Gabe in his bouncy chair and brought him outside and Elliot got his little lawn mower and followed me around. I only mowed over one tulip and that was because the grass was so long that I couldn't see the leaves. It's been a few weeks since the last mowing. I was feeling ambitious and was also going to use the weed whacker, but we didn't have any string for it. I can't stand the look of an unfinished lawn for too long, so we will probably have string by tomorrow!
Since Gabe's favorite thing is to get up at six (yes, AM) and eat and then stay up to play, I am going to bed now. Stay tuned for updates on our ongoing projects!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married for seven years. We have two handsome boys and a beautiful girl.

My Boys

My Boys
Elliot

Gabe & Daddy

Elliot -- Ryan -- Gabriel