Saturday, July 26, 2008

Honestly...

Yesterday, Ryan & I dropped the boys off at his parent's house so that we could go on a date. (Thank you again for watching them!) We haven't been on one since...before we had Gabriel? We came back to Poky to do some shopping (all by ourselves!) Our first stop was Walmart. Lame, I know. We ran into Colleen, who also thought it was lame that we went to Walmart when we could have gone anywhere. All I have to say in my defense is:

  1. Elliot starts preschool in September.
  2. He needs school supplies and they are on sale.
  3. Walmart was not the only store we went to.

After Walmart, we went to Ross Dress for Less. We are going on a cruise to Mexico at the end of October and figured if we waited much longer, we wouldn't be able to find summer clothes. Ryan had a meeting at work and then we went to lunch and hit TJ Maxx. They had some awesome bedding that we really wanted ( I will post pictures when I actually get it on the bed!) We stopped for a snow cone and then headed to Blackfoot to pick up our boys. Just before we got to Fort Hall, we heard something from the Explorer hit the road. Uh-oh. We pulled off at the exit, and sure enough, the serpentine belt was gone. I think Ryan is cursed when it comes to these--it is his third one! Anywhoo--we called our home and auto program (sort of like AAA) and got a tow truck. Ryan's dad was nice enough to come meet us and then take me to their house while Ryan went with the truck back to Poky to Jiffy Lube so they could put a new belt on in a...jiffy :) Out of the woods, right? Not so fast, buckaroo. The boys at the Jiggly Lub went to put on the belt, but a pulley was missing. Thank goodness the tow truck hadn't left. Ryan got a second tow to a mechanic (a friend of one of the guys at Jiffy Lube), and then called our friend Amanda to give him a ride home (all of three blocks!) Keep in mind he had all of the loot from our aforementioned shopping stops, so the ride really was warranted.

He then got in trusty steed #2 (his Dodge Dakota) and headed to Blackfoot to meet up with the rest of the posse. Brit was there, so we got to visit with her too.It was a long day, but thank goodness that the boys weren't with us when we broke down on I-15. What was with the flying ants? They covered the windshield of Denis's truck. Our entertainment while waiting the 45 minutes for the tow truck was watching the ants get stuck in winshield washer fluid. Amazing what mundane things become exciting when there is no TV.

After all that, it only cost $150 to fix the truck. Yay! Now it will run forever, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Emily,
I saw your comment and yes, I remember when you would take Evie. You are such a good mommy. I hope you don't mind, I'm going to add your blog link on mine so I can keep in touch also. See ya, Madeline

Cari or Mitch Johnson said...

Emily-
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the comment. I can't beleive how time flys by. Are Elliot and Alexa the same age? I think so... Wendy has a blog but doesn't update it much. I'll tell her hello. How are Collene and Howard doing? I noticed their kids are (HOLY cow) grown up. I can't beilve it. Tell them hello.
Cari

Emily said...

No, we did NOT glue the carpet to the floors... but I had to double check with the installers. Hope you have fun on your cruise you lucky duck!

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I have been married for seven years. We have two handsome boys and a beautiful girl.

My Boys

My Boys
Elliot

Gabe & Daddy

Elliot -- Ryan -- Gabriel